Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bighorn River Brown Town

Last Friday I was a naughty student and decided to skip a class to enjoy a day of fly fishing on the Bighorn River near Fort Smith, Montana. I went with two of my good friends on this trip, rather than by myself like I usually do. Yet, I still have many photos of fish that I took myself. The brown trout this time of year are just starting their trip up river to spawn, and this movement was greatly noticed on this day of fishing! My day consisted of catching nothing nut brown trout between the sizes of 16" and 22". This made for an exciting day of fly fishing that will be on my mind for weeks to come!(All 3 photos were taken with my iPhone 4s)
This was on the shorter end for the length of trout, but had the most girth and put up the biggest fight throughout the day!

This was one of the first brown trout I caught on this day of fly fishing. There's always a few first mandatory photos to prove to people that you did catch some fish.

This was one of the longest fish of the trip that I caught. I decided to use a color splash app on this photo and its one of my favorite fishing photos that I have yet to take!


No comments:

Post a Comment